Game and software localization- Localization makes a product, in our case a game, software or website linguistically and culturally appropriate to the target locale (country/region and language) where it will be used/ played and sold.
Paspartu provides complete localization solutions to adapt your products and services to any specific locale.
In localizing a product, in addition to idiomatic language translation, such details as time zones, money, national holidays, local color sensitivities, product or service names, gender roles, and geographic details must all be considered, meaning a comprehensive consideration of the target culture. A successfully localized product or service is one which appears to have been developed within the local culture.
Please check the main parameters that you should consider when preparing to localize your games, software or products:
• Color schemes and graphic selection that avoids offending potential customers
• Dialog boxes wide enough to accommodate text expansion
• Functionality that supports various date, time, and currency formats
• Input and output functionality that supports the various character sets (including double-byte characters for the Asian market)
• Right justified text fields to prevent expanded text from overlapping the graphics, and
• A readily adaptable user interface to allow British customers to read from left to right or Arabic customers to read from right to left.