At Paspartu, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same. We believe that everyone has a duty to care for the environment and to seek ways of conserving natural resources.
We are committed to
- continually improving and reducing environmental impacts
- incorporating environmental factors into business decisions
- complying fully with all environment-related legislation on environmental protection matters
- increasing employee awareness and training
- continuously improving our energy and material efficiency
- minimising wastage from raw materials and energy usage
- minimising the effects of movement of goods and people
- maximising re-use and recycling activities where possible
- working with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance
- continually reviewing our environmental performance and revising our policy
What We Already Do
- Provide digital upload services, to avoid using paper materials
- Archive electronically
- Encourage the use of electronic posting through emails rather than hard copy mailings, unless required
- Print documents on post-consumer paper, if printed copies are indispensable
- Encourage double-sided printed documents when printed copies are required
- Provide printer friendly versions in order to use as little paper as possible
- Recycle paper
- Use recycled and recyclable paper products
- Reduce packaging as much as possible
- Reuse envelopes and other office paper supplies
- Use the natural light as much as possible
- Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible
- Save energy by switching off lights and electrical equipment when not in use
- Adjust heating with energy consumption in mind
- Purchase office (electrical) equipment with the energy saving option
- evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase
- favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible
- purchase recycled and/or recyclable products
- reuse and recycle everything we are able to (paper, cans, batteries and electronics, ink cartridges, glass bottles etc.)
- Reduce the need for business travel
- Promote use of alternative means of meeting instead of travelling such as e-mail, video/phone conferencing
Maintenance and cleaning
- Purchase recycled and/or environmentally-friendly cleaning products
- Implement waste management by sorting and storing waste properly
Responsibility and reporting
- The Business Development Manager of the company is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented.
Future Objectives – Improvement
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.